Saturday, December 13, 2008

Any Day Now, I Can Feel It.

It's been a while since I last posted here. I wasn't able to share the excitement I had when I feel the baby move in my wife's tummy. It's weird at first, like an alien or something. But it feels great everytime the baby moves in the womb upon hearing my voice (or maybe I was just imagining it, I don't care). We also had a small scare because the baby was breeched in the second sonogram but thank God, the baby is not breech upon the next sonogram.

It's the first time that I am not looking forward to my birthday on the 21st and Christmas. Before, this time of year really gets me excited for those upcoming days. I am now looking forward to what comes after that, the birth of my baby boy. I am really excited. A little bit scared of the astounding responsibility of rearing a child. Having someone depend on me for his survival is humbling. I know, a little melodramatic, specially that I will not be alone. Carmela will be there.

Gut feel, I think this baby is not gonna wait for the due date of January 8 or 9. I think it's not even going to wait for the new year. But that's just me. Let's see if my son is going to make a liar out of me. Hehehe.

I keep on hearing people say that once one sees his/her kid, it's going to be love at first sight. I used to find that really corny. But now, I am so corny, I think I already am in love. I know it's cheesy. You know what's cheesier, I think I am going to burst into tears. My wife said that according to "studies", people tend to cry more easily when they become parents. And that people tend to get their heart broken easily. Argh. That sucks for someone like me who tend to dislike being heartbroken and who cries very rarely. It's one of those things that I have to embrace being a new dad.

No comments: