Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Scent of a Baby

One of the amazing things about babies is their scent. It's unlike the scent of colognes but it's equally, if not more, irressiistible. It is therefore one of my hobby to smell my son everytime I have the chance.

When I was a little kid, I used to get annoyed when my aunts and lolas kiss me at the same time sniffing me like they are vacuum cleaners. Now I know why they do it. There is something about the smell of the baby that you'd wish you have limitless breath so that you can just inhale their scent 'til kingdome come. It's a wonderful smell. I wish they could bottle this scent as a new perfume scent. Now that would be a big hit. We should call it the Scent of Innocence.


* Photo of Jacob Reyes was taken from the blog Anticipation by Carmela Reyes

No comments: